Thursday, August 7, 2008

I am blessed.....

As you know I am less than 4 weeks away from my due date of child number 3. There will be 5 years difference between number 2 and number 3. I got rid of every piece of baby equipment that I had for the first 2 kids and a dear friend, my hero gave me just about everything I needed for this baby. Well on Tuesday night my dear sister-in-law gave me a baby shower. It was so much fun. Let me first tell you that we switched churches this summer. Our old church was just great and we really loved the people there-but it was a 30 minute drive and it was the same drive that hubby takes everyday to go to work and with the new baby coming I really wanted to be a little closer to church so we could still be involved despite having a newborn to adjust to. So for about 2 months we have been going to this church that is less than 10 minutes (8 to be exact) and we have just been welcomed with open arms. We love the pastor and his family and everyone there has just been amazing. Ok so back to the baby shower-my sil decided to have the shower at our new church-so when she approached someone about using a room for the shower they took on the task of throwing a shower for me as if I had been one of their own for years. It was absolutely beautiful. I am still learning names so even as I was opening gifts, a dear lady that helped plan the shower was having to point people out to me-it felt kind of awkward but at the same time I was just truly humbled and blessed by their love and support. On top of this my mother and grandmother drove up for the event and that made it even more special. Also my mom's best friend from high school happened to be in the area for a wedding so she surprised me and came along too. It was a great time and I want to thank my s-i-l for making it possible. I AM TRULY BLESSED!!! (pics will be on here soon!)

2 comments:

ptamom3 said...

I'm truly sorry I missed it- it sounds like you had a great time and I know that s-i-l is great at throwing a party :)

Stef Layton said...

My 1st and 2nd are 4 & 1/2 years apart and we got rid of EVERYTHING except for his crib and stroller which collected dust in the garage. But Lord provided so many hand-me-downs from a car seat, bath tub to clothes! God is SO good! Best of luck counting down!