Thursday, October 4, 2007

Watch out Rachel Ray...............

I used to watch that show "30 minute meals" , hosted by Rachel Ray and thought that it just wasn't possible to pull a good meal ,prep time and all in 30 minutes, but she always did. I was thinking of her tonight as I was trying to find a replacement meal. I started to brown some hamburger meat tonight to make tacos and as I was cooking it , it started to smell like ammonia. I tried tasting it (which I hope I don't regret later) and it tasted fine but I just couldn't shake the smell. So I dumped 2 1/2 pounds of ground meat. So as I was dumping it Chad called and said he was getting ready to leave football practice and was looking forward to dinner with the family. I started to think about what to "whip" up and have ready in 30 minutes or less. I had gone grocery shopping the other day and thankfully I had gotten enough for 2 weeks so the possibilities were endless(which is rarely a phrase used in my kitchen). I already had boil in bag rice cooked in the microwave so I had to do something that involved that. I must say our meal was delicious. I had been wanting to try and make something with chicken breast in a can. So I heated that up with some refried beans (organic-very tasty!) Then I spread those onto a big burrito tortilla and put some rice and cheese on top of that. Then I put another tortilla on it and put them in the toaster oven and VOILA!! we had amazing chicken quesadillas.(had a little sour cream and salsa on the side too!!) They were really very tasty. Now I usually don't share with others what I cook cause it is usually pretty routine (and I will leave that to Jonatha!!). I just had to share that with you. It kind-of, sort-of ,somewhat, (OK it was just a quesadilla) reminded me of Cool Blue Burrito which is a restaurant I love in St. Cloud. So thanks for letting me share my "15-20 minute meal" with you!!!

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

Oh, I miss Cool Blue Burrito, did you have to mention that? I'm still trying to make rice veggie burritos like his... I miss all that family too! Okay, enough of that, I think I'll have to try your quesadillas. We love mexican! Where did that ammonia smell come from?!

justgottalaugh said...

Way to go, Betty!!!