Saturday, October 20, 2007

One mother's trash....another child's rose garden!!


Chad and I received a beautiful flower bouquet for our anniversary a couple of weeks ago from his Aunt and Uncle(and their son) in California. It was just gorgeous and lasted quite a while. Well I noticed yesterday morning that it was starting to look a little puny and decided to go ahead and throw it away. Well I was going to take it to the trash can outside and it was raining so I just put in on the porch floor and knew I would get to it later. Well yesterday afternoon it had stopped raining and the kids were playing outside and I happened to remember I needed to go throw those dead flowers away, well to my surprise the kids thought they had done this amazing thing. They took the roses and a few of the other things that were in the arrangement and planted them in my flower beds in front of the house. They were so proud of their plantings. I tried to explain to them that the flowers were dead and I really needed to throw them away. Well we compromised and I told them we could leave them there until Daddy saw them today. I just love how in a child's eye they don't see a pile of dead flowers they see something that it as beautiful as a rose garden. I love my kids so much and thank God for them everyday to give me a fresh and flourishing perspective on life!!! (You can see the roses in the picture that were planted!!!)

2 comments:

justgottalaugh said...

That's too amazing! I love your kids, too!

Jonatha said...

I love the picture of the deer! Your kids planted the roses in perfect places! Isn't it wonderful that God gives our children such active imaginations? I love watching them do "adult" things. My girls usually make bouquets out of sticks. In their eyes, they are beautiful, and mine too when I see the effort!