Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oh Deer!!!




Living in the country now, we have become quite accustomed to seeing deer out in the front yard and all over the property. We have seen more lately because the big(OK it's actually ginormous) oak tree that is in our front yard is dropping acorns and the deer just eat them like candy. Morning,noon and night you may find at least one deer, and last night Chad saw five deer right out in our front yard eating away. It is just amazing. A couple of the kids soccer balls are out there and I just keep hoping to see the deer playing a little 2 v 2,no luck yet. I have never really been able to see deer this close before. When we lived in Florida we always had to be careful driving on certain desolate roads at night because they may run out in front of the car and can do some damage. Now I get to sit on my front porch and just enjoy God's creation. We realize that come this Sunday, it is open season on deer and our friends in our yard might become a little scarce(although I have been posting signs for the deer warning them of this upcoming event and letting them know that our yard is a safe haven-not quite sure if they understand them or not!!) and we are not against hunting (although we don't partake in it), but we have been blessed to be able to witness these beautiful animals in their natural habitat while we can.
(Kitty-please refrain your husband and son from reading this post as they will be in the car and on their way......although if they bring you and the kids I would be a happy camper! j/k)

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

I have to say, I was thinking that I needed to make sure my hubby didn't read your post either! What a paradise! I'm rather thankful we don't have them in our yard, because they would be our pets and then Chad would hunt them...

justgottalaugh said...

Have you seen my husband and son. They've been missing since Casey read your "Oh Deer" post!