Friday, October 26, 2007

Just something to share.

I havent tried this yet but thought I would share it!!


Pumpkin Fruit Roll-ups
Chop pumpkin and cook in saucepan until soft. Use as little water as possible. Puree in blender or food processor until the consistency of thick applesauce. * Add 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice to mixture. Mix well. * Spread puree on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper (tape wax paper down so it won't curl over the pumpkin), leaving a 1-2 inch border around the edge. * Preheat oven to 275 F and bake for 30-35 minutes. Turn off oven and leave door closed, letting the pumpkin dry 8-10 hours. * When cooled to the touch, roll up and cut into 1-inch wide strips. Seal in Ziplock® bags and serve as a yummy, inexpensive alternative to commercial Fruit RollUps®! * OR leave flat and use cookie cutters to cut into fun holiday shapes.

3 comments:

justgottalaugh said...

MOVE OVER RACHEL RAY...!! This sounds really great! Can I just use canned pumpkin and skip the whole "chop the pumpkin, cook the pumpkin, puree the pumpkin" part? I know, it's fall and we're supposed to use fresh pumpkin but can I? can I? PUHLEASE?
Anyway, can't wait to try it :) Thanks.

Jess Marie said...

sounds awesome - too bad I can't find any pumpkins around here! :) Love ya, miss ya...Jess

Jonatha said...

What a great idea! I've always wondered about a way to use those pretty pumpkins. I'll have to try that. I love when you share recipes!