Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Goody box!



When my sister and I were younger my grandparents who live in Indiana would always send a goody box a couple times a year for me and my sister. It always had just little trinkets here and there. Nothing too extravagant but just enough to let us know they were thinking about us and loved us. I have such great memories of those goody boxes and remember how much joy they brought to my life. Well since those not so many years ago (ha ha-I am only 25 -right Kitty?) I have become a mother myself with two little ones of my own and guess what......my amazing wonderful grandparents send my children goody boxes. The kids got one from them on Friday.My grandparents have told me they had been working on it over the last month or so-just picking up stuff for them here and there. They absolutely loved it. They wrapped each little gift in tissue paper and the kids just love it. Bailey really loved one of hers that had this beautiful bow on it. They don't get to see their great grandparents but once (or twice sometimes)a year, but their memory stays so active with remembering them because of cards, goody boxes and our newest favorite toy the web cam, where the kids can just sit at the computer and talk to my grandparents like they are in the room. I love my grandparents so much. They are such amazing,giving,loving people and I know I don't tell them enough but I love them and respect them so much.

0 comments: