Thursday, March 6, 2008

Great recipe-not for the heart healthy!!!

Every once in awhile I will cook like calories were never invented. I feel even more inclined to do so here and there since I am carrying a baby. So a few weeks ago I received a recipe from a friend for Alfredo sauce and she raved that it was as good as Olive Garden. Now being the scientist that I am -I had to put it to the test.
(ha ha!!) So we had chicken fettuccine Alfredo last night for dinner and let me tell you that Alfredo sauce was AMAZING!!!! It really did taste like Olive Gardens. It was really yummy so I thought I must share.

Crazy Good Alfredo Sauce-(I doubled it cause we like to have leftovers the next day)
1/2 cup butter (I didn't double this)
8 oz package of cream cheese (I used the real thing-not sure how the light would work)
2tsp garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 oz grated Parmesan
1/8 tsp pepper

Melt the butter, then add the cream cheese and garlic powder. Stir on medium heat until smooth. Gradually add milk, cheese, and pepper. Stir until desired consistency is reached.(I was concerned with the consistency so I added a little shredded mozzarella.)

Let me know what you think!! Have a blessed calorie-free day!!!

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

I will definitely be trying this. I've been looking for a good alfredo recipe. The one's I've made have been plain yucky. Thanks!

justgottalaugh said...

You've got my mouth watering!