Monday, March 17, 2008

A Quick Shout out to "The Dinner Club"!!

Every now and then while I am preparing dinner for the night-I will sometimes double up on the meat portion and save some for another meal in the week (IE I made a ton of taco meat for tacos tonight and the rest I made taco bake for another night this week) Every time I do this I think of the dinner club I used to belong to. A couple of years ago while living in Florida myself and 3 of my dear friends would meet up every Monday afternoon and exchange meals. Everyone would make something earlier that day but they would quadruple the batch, so they would have 4 meals-one for their family and then 3 others to give to the other girls. It was such a blessing to come home Monday afternoon and knew I didn't have to cook for 4 nights that week. It was not only convenient for me but knowing I was helping out 3 of my closest friends and their families really brought us closer together. So this is a shout out to my Dinner Club girls. I truly miss the meals and the time we got to spend together. Love y'all!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
I am on your blog can you beleive it!! I miss the Dinner club to. Those we great times ands easy evenings, with lots of family time instead of cooking. Miss you, were in georgia freezing. Love Amy

Amy Pirie said...

Hey I have tried to post a comment 3 times now. I hope you get this one. You know me on the computer! I miss those dinner club days. They were great having dinner and not cooking every night! I miss seeing you girls too. It was fun. Love Amy

justgottalaugh said...

Awww. I read your post and was responding to the shout out and then I saw Amy on here too!! OK, where's Jess????? That would make four. Oh, the good 'ol days. Who'da thought we'd all be in different states (or countries!!!) just a few years later. Makes me wanna cry :(
Hug yourselves from me, girls :)

John, Melanie, Dillon, Faith and Audra said...

That is such an awesome idea! I've never heard of it . . . but I like your way of thinkin' :-)