Monday, December 3, 2007

Quick trip to Florida!!

We went down to Florida this past weekend. Chad ran in a half marathon on Saturday. (which he did a great job -although it was a very warm morning) I am so proud of him. While he was doing his run we went to the St. Cloud Christmas parade with my father, step-mother and brothers. St. Cloud has grown so much. We sat near the beginning of the parade route and it was an hour and 45 minutes long. It was very enjoyable to see people I hadn't seen in awhile. The kids loved seeing the bands play and catching candy-although we didn't take any of it home cause we don't eat candy. (that's a whole other post!!) They were very giving with the candy to others though which I was so proud of. After the parade we went back to my dad's and visited for a little while, then we went out to my moms for the night. She lives in Celebration (aka Snow globe world-as I call it). They have the "fake snow" that started on Saturday night and shoots out every hour in the evenings from now until the new year. Santa also arrived and they did the tree lighting. We (you will see in the pic above that my sister,her son, and my grandmother came too!)ate a wonderful dinner out there at one of the restaurants downtown. It was an amazing evening. It was a very quick visit but a very memorable one.

0 comments: