Thursday, September 13, 2007

Our new home...............Georgia.


This is my first blog so bear with me as I try and get my thoughts down as clearly as possible.

As most of you know, we moved out of our beloved state of Florida. I lived there for 27 years(just about all of my life-although I am not sure how the numbers work out since I am only 25???) We bought the house of our dreams in a little town in Georgia,Culloden. The house was built in the early 1800's and it is just amazing. Along with this amazing house came 23 acres of pure heaven. I am just in awe of God's great work every morning I go out onto the front porch with my coffee(yes I just started this habit) and just breathe and pray each morning. We are just so blessed with what has happened. Yes we miss our friends and family so much, but this is something that we could never give our kids in Florida. The experiences that they have here out in the wilderness are priceless. Bailey is a bug collector. Every morning she starts a new collection of bugs,lizards, and anything that is small and moves. Then at night she lets them all go for a few hours of freedom, then gets up the next morning and starts the adventure all over again. Braxton could do puzzles and play "ball"(any sport that ends in ball) from sun up til sun down. Bailey and Braxton have gotten so close with this move, I think they are realizing what great friends they can be. It is so much fun to watch them play together. Chad is now teaching at a little elementary school 2 counties over. He is the only P.E. teacher at this school and loves it. He is also assisting the Varsity Football team in that county as well. It is a very different environment than in Florida. As far as how I am doing..........I am just loving getting to spend everyday with my kids and husband. I am so blessed to be able to stay home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steff,
I found your blog from Kitty. We just moved to Georgia. We're south of Athens--right between Atlanta and Augusta. I need to figure out how close you are. Maybe the kids and I could take a field trip.

It is amazing how close your little ones get when all they have is each other. I've experienced the same thing with our move.

email me at clark2kids@yahoo.com

Alison (McIntire) Clark

Anonymous said...

You're only 1 1/2 hours from me! 60 miles! We'll see you tomorrow! Just kidding but we're definately going to get together.

Jess Marie said...

Hi Steff:
Love the blog. Glad I can peak into your life now. :)

love,
Jess

justgottalaugh said...

Great blog. Love the pictures :) Miss you!!!!

Anonymous said...

MISS YOU GUYS LIKE CRAZY!!! But I love the blog now i can see my little guys all time...I guess I better get in gear w/ my blog too so you guys can stay updated as well. LOVE YOU ALL!!! I wanna see more pics!

Anonymous said...

Chad and Steff, I feel like I'm being left behind with all the technology...unfortunately, I still love communicating via paper. We miss you as well but its apparent that the move was a wise and blessed decision. We're actually heading out tonight to Cleve and Bethia's (Wallace) place for a good bye shin dig. They are moving back to her hometown of California. She leaves in a few weeks and Cleve joins her in January. She has wanted this for a long time and he is honoring her wishes. It's what marriage is all about. I'm so happy that Chad is loving his new job. It makes a world of difference when you enjoy what you do. Continued blessings to both of you...we'll stay in touch.

California Bethie said...

Hola familia! Lovin' the blog and the pics. Always good to see your beautiful smilin' faces! Hope all is well in GA. The sun is shining and the sky is clear here in beautiful CA!